Once again – Authentise and AMUG hosted an incredibly interesting and sought-after roundtable for experts to exchange experiences and problems from the field, and find help from those that had gone through the same or similar problems already. There were no secrets in this room. This is AMUG at it’s best: A true User Group where people are looking to help each other.
This year, we got right into it and handled even more queries from before. We handled questions about
- what data people share with their customers to protect intellectual property (design files, log files, data on process – the answers varied),
- how people get hold of data from devices (laughter in the room on this one as Authentise is obviously a leader in this field – promise, we didn’t plant them 😉 )
- how to go about accurate metrology in a cheaper way (scanning, integrated machines, critical dimensions, in-situ monitoring were some keywords mentioned)
- how to retain people or deal with attrition (some secret tips were shared here – be there next time 😉 )
- how to find an entry into the industry (again, some choice tips, including job boards, orgainzing regional meet-ups, independent study and so forth)
The room had a real mix of people in it, which was great. Though most attendees had, as is usual for AMUG, serious experience, there were also some newcomers too – which kept the session alive. Participate in #3, to be held at AMUG in Chicago, April 2019, to find out more!